RUDYARD LIONS CLUB TRAIATHLON AND 5K
RACE DAY RULES
July 30, 2017
- Start commands will be “To Your Mark, Get Set, Signal Go”
- Run is out & back except for going around the north side and west end of the school building (turn right onto Second Street) on the way back to the transition area/finish line.
- The 5K only runners finish is at the west side of the Larry G. Davis swimming pool facility.
- Triathlon participants will continue to the transition area near the pool entrance.
- 5K awards will be distributed after that race is completed. 5K participants are encouraged to attend the meal after the triathlon is completed.
- The bike course will circle Kinross Lake again this year. Please refer to the course map for details.
- MUST have a fastened helmet on head before leaving the transition area, and keep it on until reentering the transition area after biking.
- DO NOT mount your bike until you are outside the transition area, and you MUST dismount before entering the transition area at the end of the biking.
- NO DRAFTING ALLOWED
- WATCH FOR, and YIELD to, vehicular traffic.
- When you enter the swimming pool area you will be directed to a lane. This will keep the number of swimmers in each lane spread out. (Lane 1 to the far right – Lane 6 nearside on left)
- A FEET FIRST ENTRY must be used
- Keep to the RIGHT SIDE of your lane as you swim. This avoids collisions!
- Each swimmer must complete 22 lengths of the pool.
- Lap counters are provided.
- After completing the swim you must leave the pool and return to the transition area outside of the pool lobby doors. Your overall race time stops when you leave the pool lobby doors to the parking lot.
- The lower portion of your number tag must be given to the timers at the completion of the overall race (swim).
AFTER THE RACE
- ALL participants and their guests are invited to attend the meal and awards ceremony in the high school cafeteria after the completion of the triathlon.
- Let us know what you think about the race….concerns, as well as things we can do better.
NEXT YEARS RACE
- Mark you calendars for the 21th Annual Rudyard Lions Club Summer Fest Triathlon & 5K
- July 30, 2017– 9:30 a.m. -
THANKS FOR PARTICIPATING!!!